Since October is almost over, I thought that it was time for my favorite things!
1) A few weeks ago, in an effort to freshen up my wardrobe, I picked up J.Crew’s No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Double-Serge Wool (in Crimson Maple). My professional attire was seriously lacking so it was nice to add something with a bit of punch. The skirt is a great red color, which I hear is in for the Fall, and it’s a soft wool so it’s not itchy but it still keeps you warm. Absolutely perfect if you ask me. An unexpected bonus was picking it up while it was on sale but I love it so much I’m contemplating on buying the skirt in black.
2) I have been crocheting up a storm lately. No joke – I made a scarf in two days thanks to my super long commute. Since I’m thrifty, I’ve been using up what I’ve got, which is Red Heart’s Super Saver Chunky Yarn. This is a great beginner yarn because it’s not too thin or too thick (it’s very forgiving). I’ve always bought from Michaels because they usually have great prices and I’m sure I’ll buy it again. I can’t tell you what colors I’m using but I do know there’s a lot of options if you’re thinking about taking up crocheting or knitting.
3) During one of my lunch breaks, I hopped over to Crate and Barrel. I wasn’t exactly looking for anything but I thought it would be a nice way to spend my break. While I was there, I stumbled upon their Tupelo Amber 4″ x 6″ Pillar Candles (the candle is also available in 3″ x 6″ and 3″ x 4″). I’ve been on the hunt for some Fall candles for a while and I loved the orange color, which will work for Halloween and Thanksgiving.
4) I’ve already mentioned that we picked up the Urusla Throw (in ‘bleached’) from IKEA and that we love it, but it deserves to be on a favorite list. Our apartment’s furnace is being replaced which means we still haven’t had the heat turned on yet so this throw has been worth it’s weight in gold. Actually, it’s worth more than it’s weight in gold.
5) Joe gets awarded husband points this month because he gave me my Minnetonka Thunderbird II Moccasins (in mustard) as an early birthday present. Yay! I’m kicking myself for not buying these sooner because they are so comfortable and keep my feet warm. I’ve been wearing them on my commutes in the morning, at the office, and on my weekends. Basically, whenever I can wear them, I have. The yellow is a fun color and really brightens every outfit up.
What are your favorite things this month? Have you made any additions to your wardrobe or started a new hobby? Maybe grabbed a few things to spruce things up in your home?? Do tell!