1) When I was in college, one of my friends gave me a beaded jewelry box, like the Coral Bells Jewelry Box from Anthropologie ($58.00) and I thought it was the best gift ever. It’s one of those things you’d never buy for yourself – since they’re usually not cheap – but it’s something you’d appreciate because it will look good everywhere and keep your jewelry hidden.
2) This time of year, there are holiday parties galore. Keeping your nails looking nice until January 1st might cost you a pretty penny… unless you grab Sephora’s OPI Tinsel Town Collector Set ($49.50). There are 16 mini colors and a regular glitter top coat – which is always fun! – which will offer plenty of options.
3) It’s not really a secret that I love my J.Crew Factory Charley Sweater (on sale for $29.50). It’s soft and cozy and I can’t imagine anyone not enjoying these colors. Buy one of these for everyone you know, and of course, yourself.
4) Macy’s has these great Giani Berini Love Knot Stud Earrings (on sale for $28.00), and I think they are the cutest. I bet any girl would like them. PS – they’re also available in sterling silver if that’s more your or your lady’s style.
5) Cole Haan makes great purses and this Crosby Ali Mini Crossbody (on sale for $67.95) is a great gift. The red is a fun color that I’m sure will match anything, and the bag is big enough that you can actually use it but not so big that it’s too heavy to carry.
6) A couple of years ago, a friend of mine got me a pair of gloves for my birthday… but not just any gloves – these gloves were long. I didn’t realize how great this would be until that first cold storm hit and my hands and arms were still warm. That’s one reason I love these Banana Republic Cashmere Gloves ($79.50). I also love them because they’re cashmere and that’s always a nice gift to give.
7) This year, Joe and I splurged and I got my bicycle, Shelly. It felt silly to spend so much on a bicycle but I loved having it and being able to ride along the boardwalk. Cruisers are very comfortable bikes and they’re perfect for someone who hasn’t ridden in a long time and just wants to have a leisurely ride (I got myself a one-speed). That’s why I think that this Bixby Cruiser Bicycle by Felt ($269.00) would be a great gift. It’s something you two can do together, it provides exercise, and bikes like these get a lot of looks on the boardwalk.