Last year, I shared with you all that Joe and I don’t exchange gifts for Valentine’s Day. Or cards, for that matter. This still holds true, but that doesn’t mean that it’s not fun to get in the spirit (hence the blog’s temporary background) and brainstorm some great gift ideas…
1) I’ve seen these Valentine Mugs in the Crate & Barrel store and I can attest to their cuteness. They come in two sizes – one for adult and one for child. They’d be the perfect festive touch to celebrate, whether you use them as part of a Valentine’s meal or fill them with treats.
2) A few of you have asked where we’ve gotten our radio/record player/CD player, and I’m happy to say that Target currently has a similar option on sale (for $79.99!). I had gotten one for Joe as a Christmas gift a few years ago and it’s one of those things that we always use – be it when we’re cooking, eating dinner, or want some background music when friends come over. This is guaranteed to be a big hit!
3) You can’t go wrong with a picture frame, especially if you fill it with a sentimental photo. This mother of pearl frame from Pier 1 is a great option because the mother of pearl is a neutral color but it’s got lots of shine to make it feel special.
4) Dean & DeLuca is one of my favorite places to visit in the city (as I’ve mentioned here when I met up with John and Lisa from Our Home from Scratch), but don’t despair if it’s not convenient for you. There are a slew of gift options but their Sea Salt Caramel Collection just looks too good to pass up.
5) I don’t know about you, but I think getting a gift card is a great thing… and getting a gift card to Starbucks is one of my favorite kinds to get.
6) Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to purchase a piece of art. This Bild poster from IKEA is something I’m currently digging right now. I love the sketches of skyscrapers (all of which are in New York) and the colorful hearts that overlay those sketches. It’s a sweet print that your wallet will totally be into, even if you decide to splurge and grab a frame for this poster.
Do you and your special someone exchange gifts? Do you prefer to buy the gift or DIY it? Are you all ready for Thursday??