While I was eating lunch in the park, I spotted this padlock on the fence/railing (I think the official term is ‘stanchion’ but don’t hold me to that). It was sneakily hidden behind the bench, next to the pole – making it almost invisible – clearly an effort to keep this padlock where it’s at. The only reason I noticed it was because it was gold and I am a girl who loves all things shiny.
It’s in a pretty active area of the park so I’m not sure how long it’ll stay. Regardless of that detail, it was still sweet to see. I have no idea if it was left by locals, students, or tourists, so it’s been fun trying to think of a story. I’m imagining two people in love leaving padlocks all around the world.
- Joe and I have been watching a lot of New Girl episodes on Netflix so I was already pretty smitten with Merritt Wever. Then she goes and makes the greatest acceptance speech ever.
- This genius campaign that rewarded people’s patience with a free Nexus 7 tablet.
- Dan, our wedding photographer, emailed me this Late Night with Jimmy Fallon clip because the lip syncing made him think of me (I rapped “Super Bass” at our wedding reception!).
- The Sagrada Familia will be completed in 2026 (it’ll look like this) which is a little disappointing since they don’t have the original plans to base the construction on. Also, it’s pretty cool as-is.
- Someone was able to earn 1.25 million air miles by buying pudding. I would definitely recommend this story because this is genius.
- Have you heard about the woman who’s making 300 sandwiches?
- …And in case you weren’t already excited for Fall :)