On Sunday, Joe caught sight of me when I was making my Fall fashion board. To my delight, he asked if I could make him one, too. I’ve spent most of our relationship trying to get him to invest in a cardigan (which he finally did last year), so of course I said yes.
1) Joe has actually already invested in Old Navy’s Long-Sleeve Henley in blue, but I think it would be nice to get it in burgundy since that’s the perfect Fall color.
2) I think it would be nice to invest in a good Fall coat, which is where this Spiewak Richmond Duffle Coat from Piperlime comes in. I love the toggle closures and I think the navy is a nice color, especially since it feels like everyone in New York wears black 24/7.
3) Elbow patches are amazing and basically scream “it’s Fall!” so they needed to be a part of this board. My favorite option is this Donegal Sweater from J.Crew Factory in beechwood. It’s a nice neutral that’ll work with everything. I imagine it being all fancy with a nice plaid shirt underneath it (see #7). I actually like it so much that I would wear it if it came in a girl version. It would be wrong to ‘accidentally’ shrink this and wear it myself, right?
4) A great option for pants are cords, and one of my favorite options are these 1969 five-pocket cord straight fit pants from Gap. While the dark brown cords are my favorite, I honestly I think that the green, burgundy, and rust colors would also look nice.
5) Joe has been on the hunt for a good casual shoe that he can wear to his classes and on the weekends. I’m thinking that this Bushacre Chukka Boot form Clarks – available from DSW – will fit the bill. Since they’re leather, they’ll most likely last for a good long time with some TLC (my uncle owned a shoe repair shop so I’ve heard “polish your shoes!” my entire life… and now unfortunately repeat the message to everyone). It’s a nice light brown/tan color so it’ll match basically everything.
6) I love when guys where cardigans (bonus points if it’s a grandpa sweater) so it’s pretty obvious that this Brooks Brothers Lined Cable Button-Down Cardigan would catch my eye. Not only will it look nice, it’ll also keep you warm on those crisp Autumn days.
7) If flannel and plaid don’t get you excited to be outside in the Fall, I’m not sure what will. I particulary like this Men’s Plaid Slim-Fit Oxford Shirt from Old Navy because it’s got the dark red/burgundy, but it’s lightened up by the bright blue and the white.
8) Everyone needs a good pair of jeans in the Fall, what with all the pumpkin picking and corn mazing. These American Eagle Relaxed Straight Jeans are a great option because they’re a dark color (and that flatters everyone). Another bonus about these pants? It feels like American Eagle is always having jean sales so you probably won’t pay more than $30 for them.
9) These Broken-in Khakis from Old Navy (in ‘Hot Potato’) are a great khaki pant for the Fall… and you can never have enough khakis, right?
10) Frank & Oat is similar to StitchFix, but for men. This Merino Wool Cardigan in Forest looks nice enough to wear to work and classes.
11) Joe has actually already picked up this Old Navy Contrast Stripe Crew Tee. It’s a great tee that works under a cardigan or on it’s own. The green it heathered so it’s got a softer look in person.
12) Everyone needs a scarf for those brisk mornings or chilly evenings. My vote is for this Grey Plaid Wool Scarf from Frank & Oat.
Anyone else encouraging cardigans onto their significant other? Is there another piece of attire you’re all about? Would you add something to this “Must buy” list so you could
steal borrow it, too?