The government shutdown has been a bit maddening and stressful (Joe works for Uncle Sam). In an effort to keep myself sane, I chose to focus on Fall this week… except that the thermostat started to rise again (boo). Even though Summer refuses to let go, I’ve already committed to a diet of Fall foods. Joe and I picked up a delicious apple pie from a local bakery (which we promptly devoured) and then I whipped up a batch of my white bean soup for dinner on Wednesday. Now, I’m day dreaming of apple cider donuts and cupcakes. I guess that’s what the weekend is for, right?
- Bridget Jones is back… but Mr. Darcy isn’t. Womp womp.
- A white lion cub learning to roar. Felines for the win!
- While watching TV this week, Joe and I caught this commercial for a car service and we could not look away. It is spectacularly bad.
- Google is starting Calico, a medical company, to tackle aging and illness. Anyone else having flashbacks to Gattaca?
- Tickets for the 75th Hunger Games (ie. Catching Fire) are on sale! We all know what I’m doing when I get home…
- I’m not sure if I’ve shared this site with you, but even if I have, it’s worth repeating. Humans of New York is an place that documents the eclectic people living in the city. I’ve spent hours scrolling through this site (and even recognized a few people).
- Speaking of New York – here’s a Lego representation of it.
- Oh, and Domino Magazine is back :)