Below is a rose from the Valentine’s bouquet Joe got me. I’m not a girl that typically needs to be gifted flowers but since last month, I’ve been on a hunt to get some nature in our apartment. Heck, I can’t even walk into the grocery store without checking out the selection (hello, tulips!). This bouquet is long gone but in their place are some shamrocks and a spider plant (which I can credit to my 5th grade teacher). Here’s hoping I get to add some more greenery to the apartment this weekend!
- What’s your name according to John Travolta? I’m Kieren Daveries.
- Speaking of names, ever wonder how Democratic yours (or your John Travolta name) is? This site will let you know.
- A little background on Helvetica.
- These photos of Captain Kevin Oprey and the Queen Mary 2 will leave you speechless.
- An amazing video of dolphins and whales – all filmed by a drone. Bonus: you see a mama whale and calf at the end of the video!
PS – I just wanted to let you know that Society6 is doing a promo where you can get free Shipping and $5 Off Each Item in my store! The promo expires on March 9th, at Midnight Pacific time (and excludes Framed Art Prints, Stretched Canvases and Throw Pillows with insert). You can access the deal by clicking here :)
I’m sharing this photo today because I needed to see some Spring… and because I was starting to forget what the outside world looks like when there’s no snow on the ground.
I’m kidding. Sort of.
Anyone else over Winter? I’m seriously at my wit’s end. We had one warm day last weekend (and it was so glorious to open our windows and air things out), but this weekend will be pretty cold. There’s even snow in the forecast for Sunday/Monday and rumor has it we’ll get about a foot – which just makes me want to curl up into a ball and cry. Fingers crossed that’s not true… or that we get a snow day. At this point, I can go either way.
Stay warm this weekend, everyone!
Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone! The fun links below are my sweet treat for you all. These will be especially nice for those of you bothered by the snow, which I think is a decent amount of US readers as 49 of the 50 states have snow in them…
It has been a while since I’ve done one of these posts – or any for that matter – and I thought this would be a good way to get back into the swing of things. Aside from the weather (which has caused me to go into a serious hibernation mode), I’ve been working on a little something that’s been stealing attention away from my blog. I’m hoping to share it with you all next week and that you’ll be as excited about it as I am!
- The Daily News shared these great photos from past Winters in New York.
- And speaking of snow, here are two principals rapping about school being closed = I wish youtube was a thing when I was in high school (and subsequently, got snow days).
- While we all wait for our cookie orders to come in, here are some interesting facts about Girl Scout Cookies (as well as the recipe for their original sugar cookie).
- A fun quiz testing how well do you know Mean Girls. I highly doubt I’ll be the only person who got them all right (thanks, freshman year of college!).
- Have you guys discovered NASA on Instagram? I started following them a few weeks ago and I cannot get over their photos!
Ladies and Gents – today is a good day because at 1:00 pm, I will officially be on vacation for two weeks! This is not a moment too soon because, somehow, December has flown by. It’s gotten to the point where I barely feel like I got to enjoy it. These next few days, I am going to try my hardest to soak up as much Christmas cheer as I can – and then spend the rest of my vacation recovering from all of the sweets I already know I’m going to eat…
And now onto some fun links:
Oo, Friday again!
And Friday the 13th at that!
The only thing spooky about today is that it feels like December been flying by (hopefully, I’m not alone in that thought). All of a sudden, we’re about half way through. Joe and I have yet to really make a dent in our Christmas shopping but the good news is that Joe is done with classes for the semester so we have the entire weekend to catch up on all things Christmas. This not only includes gift shopping but getting our real tree (!!) and finishing up decorating the apartment. I’ll also be joining my sister, mom, and aunt for our annual Christmas tea time – and I couldn’t be more excited for that.
Hope you all enjoy your weekends!