Joe and I picked these pumpkins up last month. While there, we had a less than wonderful corn maze experience (the entrance and exit were the same – which caused much confusion to patrons within the maze), we did enjoy the Fall weather. These guys have been hanging out on our dining table since we brought them home and I’ll be sad to see them go. Joe opted to get a perfectly round pumpkin while I stuck with my typical short and fat pumpkin. I thought it was only right to share them with the world before we transition to all things Christmas (which will be happening in exactly one week for me).
Along with the season change, it’s time for me to get a new phone. While I’m not exactly thrilled about having to make the decision, I know it’s highly overdue (I currently have a Droid 3). I’ll also be removing myself from my parents’ family plan (so sad) and switching to T-Mobile like Joe. Since I’m not getting a contract, I need to buy the phone outright – ouch financially, but yay for no weird apps I can’t delete – and have narrowed my choices down to two: the Moto X and the Nexus 5. The Nexus 5 is probably the smarter option but the Moto X lets you personalize your phone and let’s be honest, I am totally loving that gimmick. The iPhone isn’t even on my radar because $700 for a phone is ridiculous.
So, which option would you get? Have another recommendation for a phone? How will you be enjoying this last week of Fall?
- I love this ad for GoldieBlox (a construction-themed board game which combines young girls’ love of reading and characters with engineering themes). As a girl who played with Legos, I very much wish that this was around back in my day.
- A ‘nap’ cafe for women just opened up in Tokyo. I’m hoping that this idea catches on and I will soon be able to nap mid-day, too. Here’s their site if you’re in Tokyo and need to take a snooze or relax.
- British Airways has launched an ad campaign where (videos of) children are pointing at planes that are actually in the air. That explanation does not justify how cool this is.
- Three women – the first ever!- will be graduating from the Marine Corps infantry training course, with a fourth to join after she completes the combat fitness test (she was injured before completing this part of the test).
- 55% of the Smithsonian Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum’s collection is online, and you can sort through it by color!
- And speaking of color – check out these crayons at the filming of the 200th episode for How I Met Your Mother. They’re legen-wait for it-dary.
- Also – Google UK is celebrating the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special. Have fun!