One of the great things about December is that it feels like everything is on sale. One of the not-so-great things is that it can be stressful to try to find the perfect gift for someone. I’m almost done with my holiday shopping – just one gift to go! – so I thought it would be fun to list some of my favorite things to help out with some Holiday shopping. Today will be focused on kitchen items, but in the future I’ll be sharing gifts for him, gifts for kids, and gifts for her.
1) Up first is the Emily Henry Baking Stone from Crate & Barrel (on sale for $33.71). When Joe and I were registering for our wedding, I told him that I wanted to add a pizza stone to the list. He wasn’t 100% on board but it was added none-the-less. Now, this is something that permanently lives in our oven and is used at least once a week for pizza – though it can be used for other items like bread.
2) Another thing we get a lot of use out of is our mortar and pestle. This White Marble Mortar & Pestle Sur La Table ($14.95) isn’t the exact one that Joe and I have (we have this one in a darker marble) but it’s at a great price and will get the job done. It’s a great gift because it has so many uses but it also look really great when it’s being used to serve.
3) Who doesn’t love the KitchenAid Artisan 5 qt. Stand Mixer from Target (on sale for $279.99)? Typically, this is something that’s saved for a registry but if you’re looking to get one for a friend, or just want to treat yourself, this is a great price. There are a ton of colors available – from the staple red to yellow to the cobalt blue we have. We use ours often, not just to mix baking items but to do things like shred chicken (Joe is constantly doing this)
4) During the holidays, bringing a bottle of wine as a gift to a host or hostess is always a safe gift but what better to accompany the gift of a bottle of wine with a Christmas Tree Bottle Stopper from Pier1 (for $6.95)? It’s a festive little touch that will get use over the years.
5) I don’t personally bake pies but I did end up buying the Le Creuset Stoneware Pie Bird Funnel from Amazon (on sale for $4.95) as a gift for my aunt who loves making pies during the holidays. This adorable little fellow will help keep the bottom and top crust crisp while allowing steam to escape from the filling. Everyone wins with this!
Are you almost done shopping? Any kitchen items you would recommend for gifts?